Friday, April 18, 2008

Things Are Not Always What They Seem

My grandson Alex (20 months) loves hats. He goes through each day replacing the one he is currently wearing with another. He stands up in his crib in the morning asking for a hat.

When I was in Boone, NC (named after Daniel Boone, of course) I found a coonskin hat in one of the shops. I debated endlessly over buying it. I was figuring Alex would either really like it or he would be horrified over a hat with a tail and would reject it completely. My friends with me kept encouraging me "Oh, he'll love it!" until finally Liz Merchant (on her way to Ferry Beach, Maine, by the way) put the matter to rest by barking, "Buy the hat!" So I did.

Alex LOVES the hat...he wears it a lot...he gives it kisses...he rubs the fur...he tickles his face with the tail...he talks to it...HE THINKS IT IS A CAT!!!

No comments: