Thursday, July 3, 2008

Morning Thunderstorm


This was the view from the front porch of Agape only moments ago. I was awakened by a thunderstorm and lay abed listening to it.
A thunderstorm in the mountains is a distinctly unique experience as opposed to, say, the same weather system in the flatlands. In the mountains, you get the light show and then at some interval afterwards you get the concert of the tympanies as the thunder reverberates between the mountains...first off of one and followed quickly thereafter off the face of another. The action continues until all the sound has dissipated, traveled into space...wherever it is sound goes when earth is done with it.
I had just gotten out of bed and was trying to figure out how to complete a blog post and upload a photo into it...an entirely new experience...new camera, new uploads, new software, and no instructions for anything...when my friend Gail came bursting into my room saying, "You're the one who says she likes mist. You better get yourself out here!" (She had been sitting in the porch swing drinking coffee.)
I snatched up the camera and got there pronto. The mist swept through the village in a matter of only a minute or so but it was so beautiful in the passing. I had only had time to take 3 pictures. This is one of them. I hope that you enjoy it.
From high atop the Holden hill, where the day starts early and the oldsters ensconced therein don't miss a trick...unless the trick happens late at night...say after 10:00 pm...I wish each of you a "Good Morning!"

3 comments:

Gail said...

Now, Wanda, I need copies since my camera was down in my office and I couldn't take any of these pictures of the mist.
Gail

Becky said...

Beautiful, Wanda! I went to the Mariner's game last night with some friends and it started to rain in the 2nd inning and they closed the roof. We were talking about how the scent of the humid wet air reminded us of Florida. : )

baysail said...

what a fantastic experience to see such a mist. and evidently you figured out how to get a photo onl the blog.......good work!
thank you for making it all real.
Carol