Thursday, February 4, 2010

These Are my Excuses

If there are no reasons, then there must be some excuses for incorporating a picture of the ice and the snow outside the window of the shower room on the backside of Agape.



Here they are:

1. Every time I go to this room to shower, I open the blinds and peer out the window to check it out... it is a developing phenomenon...and I always have plenty of time to wait for the water to get hot...and thus plenty of time to look upon it... and in fact, plenty of time to meditate...if I so desire. And I always exclaim to myself, "Would you look at that!"


2. I have friends and family in places like Hawaii and Virginia and Texas and Florida and North Carolina, and even here in the State of Washington, and I am certain that they have never looked out of a bathroom window and seen such a sight...ever!...and OK, OK, I hear you...you don't ever want to see such a sight! But looking at it once won't scar you for life!


3. But it is, in its own way, beautiful, is it not? That surreal blue of light shining through snow, the curve of the sheet of ice and snow as it slowly, or not so slowly, descended and arched off the roof in an event we call a "roof-a-lanche," the icicles hanging from beneath...one could do worse for a view outside the bathroom window!


4. Today is what we call "Stop Day." It is supposed to be, village wide, a day of rest and relaxation. It is obviously a day when all mental activities which might otherwise tax the brain have been curtailed.


I think I will go to the bathroom and look out the window! Again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanda-

That is one of the strangest things I have ever seen! It makes me shiver to look at it! Thanks for posting it!

Karen

lwise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lwise said...

Beautiful picture! If you had posted it without comment and asked us to guess what it was, a la the New Yorker cartoon contest, I wonder what I would have guessed?

Debbie said...

and I hope you had a really good stop day!

Linda Starr said...

beautiful, relaxing and energizing.

Gail said...

Ah, yes, and I had that same view for two winters out of my bedroom window as well. Real neat view. Hope stop day was fun too.