Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OOPS! I didn't know that!

Working on this blog has been what is frequently called "a steep learning curve"...and sometimes I fall back on hard times from trying to do too much with too little information and expertise. I have just jumped in and attempted to learn how to do a blog when I did not know what I was doing...and still don't know a whole lot about what I am trying to do.

Obviously, I still have a lot to learn. For a long time, I have been planning to create a blog with pictures showing you the many beautiful flowers in Holden's flower beds and gardens. I have taken pictures of them over the past 2 months and saved them just for that purpose. Now that was the easy part. Getting the pictures situated on a blog and adding words to accompany the pictures is another matter.

And thus I worked on that piece for several days, saving it to be worked on later, after I had calmed my frustrations for not being able to do with it what I wanted. When I finally determined yesterday that I was never going to get it exactly right, I hit the "publish" button. And then I couldn't find it when I checked to see how it looked!

Thoroughly exasperated, I kept clicking around until I found it. It had published according to the date that I had first saved what I had started. Therefore, it is below the Abriendo Caminos piece, which I began and finished and published later.

The lovely flowers above are lavender and there are many clumps of lavender in all of the beds. I had omitted it out of the larger piece, but you can enjoy it here.

And, oh yes! There is a picture of a beautiful yellow lily in the main blog on Holden's flowers, and for whatever devilish reason that I could never figure out, I could NOT make any words appear beside it. I would have written, if I could have written, "This is a beautiful yellow lily of some sort."

Without further ado, scroll down and take a look at the flowers. They are quite nice. Ignore the words. They are unnecessary anyway...as in... are words needed to describe this daisy?

2 comments:

Joan Neslund said...

I struggle with those pictures too. I can't get things to line up right. We can learn toghter.

rmonsen said...

Good job Wanda! You are doing great as far as I am concerned. See you at work week.
Take care.
Robert Monsen