Thursday, November 12, 2009

Little Miracles

I have been lured
Out into the day.
I have been led
To wander.
And whether nearby,
Or far away,
I have looked into the light,
And I have turned and looked away.
There have been
Rare moments
Of uncommon illumination.
Little miracles,
I call them.
They occurred
Most often
Just where I was standing,
Just where,
By time and chance,
I happened to be.
When least expecting a revelation,
I would find one.
The wonder of light
Transforming
The ordinary
Into objects
Of exceptional beauty.

Yellow leaf among the rocks at Lucerne Landing.

Sunrise as seen from "the second level."

Moving ribbons of light reflected on the side of the Lady of the Lake.

Rocks, clear water, floating leaves and a reflection of trees.

Reflections of light on the rippled surface of Lake Chelan.

Bosc pear and chair at the window.

Light on the rocks at water's edge - Refrigerator Harbor.

Window box of nasturtiums in morning light.

Snow on a length of chain.

Rope on the pilings of the dock at Lucerne.

The wake of the Lady of the Lake on Lake Chelan.

Mariel's cup.

Icicles from the roof overhang outside the window of my room.

Rain on a windowpane.

Offerings left at the center of the labyrinth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanda-

Thanks for the pictures! You are a fantastic photographer! I think of you a lot and your blog helps me to remember the peace and the beauty of Holden!

Karen

Debbie said...

yippee ... you got the leaves in the lake!
Love the lights ....

Gail said...

Great pictures, as usual. Things we often take for granted are right there for the seeing if we pay attention. You have really captured the miracles in pictures.