Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Morning of Magic

I awoke early, as is my wont, and as soon as I could truthfully say that I was fully awake, I noticed the complete silence outside my window. The voices of my little avian alarm clocks who usually usher me into each new day, whether I am ready to be ushered or not, were preternaturally stilled.

I went to the window and opened the blinds.

It was snowing.

The nearby mountains are covered in snow and this time the Village is sharing in the dusting that in the last few days we have seen only at the higher elevations.

And it is not "so quiet". It is "snow quiet." A silence far beyond what might be thought possible even out here in the wilderness.

Even the birds honor and respect it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Wanda, and we thought it was cold down here! I'm so glad you're getting lots of use out of that old bike. Hope it's treating you okay. I biked to school today, I love my new green Bianchi road bike. Only 5 more days of school now!